be_admin / May 2, 2015
We are seeking a Sales Executive to participate in the rapid growth of our well funded Information Technology consulting firm. This person will drive sales and marketing activities for various IT Expertise Centers and is accountable for achieving planned and approved engagement and profit goals. This individual will be responsible for the creation, development and execution of sales and marketing strategies and plans. This will encompass positioning the organization to meet the current and future needs for the market segments of the company and the development of sales and marketing strategies that will keep our clients at the forefront of their industries. This leader is responsible for maintaining and continuously improving the company’s competitive position.
- Effectively position the company and its products to meet the current and future needs of customers.
- Expand and enhance our leads generation process and drive the next generation selling process for the company
- Be the key driver for business development. Work with the Expertise Center (EC) teams to leverage contacts to develop new lines of business
- Develop and execute sales and marketing strategies for both corporate positioning, and individual EC positioning
- Collaborate with the EC management to monitor the performance of key EC management sales and marketing programs
- Review the competitive environment and develop appropriate strategies and tactics which maximize revenue and profit generation
- Analyze, evaluate and compare company products with those in competitive companies and recommend programs and strategies, which will minimize the effect of the competition on sales
- Provide communication support for all ECs
- Fully develop and utilize organizational capabilities and position the company as a preferred provider to key current and prospective customers
- Coordinate and communicate goals across the business unit and assure that performance objectives are aligned, understood and achieved by the sales, marketing and technical teams
- Work closely with EC managers to identify challenging problems and then determine the strategy that lead to their solution, viewing the total business from a strategic perspective
- As an active member of the executive management team, participate in setting strategic direction and assure that activities are in support of the company’s overall mission
- Coordinate and communicate goals across the business unit and assure that performance objectives are aligned, understood and achieved by the sales, marketing and technical teams.
- Work closely with EC managers to identify challenging problems and then determine the strategy that lead to their solution, viewing the total business from a strategic perspective.
- As an active member of the executive management team, participate in setting strategic direction and assure that activities are in support of the company’s overall mission.
- Lead cross company initiatives that will bring stronger quality, business development and planning to the forefront
- Recognize opportunities for growth and implement strategies that will enhance customer satisfaction, company market share and profitability
The Sales Leader will grow the corporate marketing and sales capability, lead major selling efforts, orchestrate the leads program for the company, lead marketing and sales programs and develop training and customer support services. You will help develop the definition of the required capabilities in each EC so the EC’s becomes recognized as a world leader in their targeted business segment. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a proven track record in technical services selling, delivery and domain knowledge. The candidate should be comfortable working for a dynamic, technical organization with a rapidly evolving and diversified customer base; must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate clearly; needs to be organized and analytical, and able to eliminate business obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
Other responsibilities include the ability to:
- Consistently negotiate and close new EC business
- Develop and maintain an effective overall EC business plan, including market sizing, competitive stance, service offerings, processes for IP creation, capture and re-use, solution and service pricing, sales and marketing strategy, service delivery strategy and resource strategy
- Maximize close rates and service engagements through direct client engagement for strategic opportunities
- Structure and manage relationships with new and existing clients and strategic partners
- Identify and execute joint marketing programs (with other ECs and business partners) to create new service engagements
- Consistently maintain a reasonable number of new weekly face-to-face prospect and partner meetings
- Participate in executive meetings as required to communicate status, ideas, progress, and issues related to all ECs
- Establish feedback mechanisms from customers, prospects, and partners to the EC team members and executive leadership.
- Collaborate across ECs when deemed necessary for leveraging joint IP and utilizes corporate assets and resources to help prepare for customer engagements
- You must be motivated to operate in an entrepreneurial spirit. Your energy, dedication and output will place you in an accelerated path to becoming an equity partner
- You must be a player coach who is dynamic enough to perform client work while coaching others at the same time
- You must be willing to put in the sacrifice and the time it takes to be successful in taking an entrepreneurial business to the next level
- You must be “service driven” and “results focused” for all very important clients and hold to the highest standards of quality, integrity, respect and continuous improvement
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Successful track record meeting operational and financial objectives
- Successful experience identifying, qualifying, and closing new business
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales & marketing plans
- Demonstrated knowledge of consulting acumen, service delivery and customer relationship development
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate contracts
- Strong ability to create presentation messages, positioning statements, and other sales & marketing collateral
- Flexibility in work schedule and potential travel
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and achieve goals with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Write comprehensive, metrics based customer proposals
- Passionately service existing clients and new clients
- Be heavily engaged in client relationships, client projects and ensure performance level of “exceeds expectations” for client relationships
- Actively seek additional projects/new business from client contacts
- Effectively present and sell all EC work/proposals to clients. Support other EC team members
Education, Experience & Training Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant technical related area.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in managing, delivering and/or servicing technology solutions.
- Extensive Business and Technical knowledge in targeted industry domain